[mythtv-users] EIT Data, what to delete before a full tuned scan?

cvb at kruemel.org cvb at kruemel.org
Fri Apr 11 06:19:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I know that EIT data for mythtv is only working after a full tuned scan,
which is why I have created a small script to handle rescanning now and
then. The script looks like:

# Stop MythTV
service mythtv-backend stop
# Backup database
/usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl
# Delete old data
. /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt

echo '
   truncate table eit_cache;
   truncate table channel;
   truncate table channelscan;
   truncate table channelscan_channel;
   truncate table channelscan_dtv_multiplex;
   truncate table program;
  ' | mysql --database=${DBName} --user=${DBUserName}
--password=${DBPassword}

Then I do a full tuned scan via the backend setup, and thereafter run
another script to delete unneeded channels and put the wanted channels
to the right places.

Now, apparently I'm missing one truncate in the script above, because,
after the last full scan, one channel was missing which I (accidentally)
thereafter added by scanning the existing transports. That particular
channel (and only that one) is not showing any EIT data. So I deleted
all channels again with the above script, did a full tuned scan again -
but that channel does not show any EIT data in mythtv still. (It did
before the scan, and it still does on my TV, so I'm almost certain that
it is a configuration issue in mythtv.)

What else would I need to delete before a full tuned scan?

What would also help me would be to understand what is going wrong if I
don't do a full tuned scan, so that I could maybe just tweak the entry
for that particular channel manually in the database. But despite
googling (and finding, e.g., this one:
http://tweakingmythtv.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/mythtv-eit-data-not-working/ - did not work for me), I still have no clue what might be going wrong.

Thanks for any light you could shed on this!