[mythtv-users] How to disable MythBuntu auto-mount?

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:13:31 UTC 2014

On 04/08/2014 12:51 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 11:34 -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>> Running mythfrontend without a window manager is not recommended.
> Which is why I said a few messages ago in this thread:
>
>          Contrary to popular belief here I don't
>          and have never even run a window manager on my FEs and have never, ever
>          had the focus problems that some will claim you will have if you don't.
>
>> It's been repeatedly advised against on this list.
> Indeed.  But I also have over 10 years of experience with MythTV and no
> window manager that tell me that I don't need one.
>
> Of course everyone should do whatever makes them comfortable.
>
>> You should always
>> have a window manager running.
> I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
>
> Cheers,
> b.

Brian,
I am someone else who does feel the need for a window manager. I've got
multiple dedicated FE boxes around the house running without window
managers. They don't have keyboards or mice and do nothing but display
MythTV. And they work fine.

And in regards to the original poster, when I plug a USB drive to the
frontend for displaying family photos or something, no popups.

Ken