[mythtv-users] MythTV Mac Announcement

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 00:38:04 UTC 2014

On 9 April 2014 at 00:49:26, Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi
> Le mercredi 9 avril 2014, Sam Jacobs a écrit :
> > I'm also having problems with the themoviedb.org grabber. I should
> > mention that the TheTVDB.com grabber is functioning as it should.
> >
> > FYI, unlike Steve I'm trying to use it for recording rules--I don't use
> > MythVideo.
>
> I tried searching for recordings and it worked just fine for me.
>
> Which OS X are you using?

10.9.2

> > 2014-04-08 22:55:51.957880 I Running Grabber:
> > [...]/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
> > -l en -a GB -M Toy Story
>
> What happen if in a terminal you type:
> PYTHONPATH=/path/to/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages
> /path/to/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py
> -l en -a GB -M "Toy Story"
>
> And see what results you get
>
> For me:
[snip]

I get the same as you (but only if pytmdb3.cache already exists).

> > Running tmdb3.py directly ([...]/tmdb3.py -l en -a GB -D 862)--having this
> > time remembered to point PYTHONPATH to the correct location inside the app
> > bundle, silly me...--gives:
> >
> > [...]/MythFrontend.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MythTV/dataheap.py:63:
> > DeprecationWarning: object.__new__() takes no parameters
> > return super(Artwork, cls).__new__(cls, attr, parent, imagetype)
> > Unable to access cache file: [~]/.mythtv/pytmdb3.cache
>
> the file exists on my machine, I never manually created it…

I’m 99% certain that I never had to create it on my main machine, either…

> But when I delete it, and re-run the above command the script fail running.
>
> that is weird..

Very.

> I see recent changes in master regarding the location of that file…

I know that in 0.28 the locations of cache and temporary files under ~/.mythtv/ will change[1][2], with pytmdb3.cache moving from ~/.mythtv/pytmdb3.cache to ~/.mythtv/cache/pytmdb3.cache, among other things.

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.28#Special_Notices_.26_Instructions
[2] https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/85b2d6d

> Raymond may be able to give some hint here, it's his code.
>
> there's a similar bug for this:
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11876
>
> i can see the code is wrong, it only checks if the file currently exists,
> and exit with an error otherwise, it doesn't attempt to create it

I haven’t looked at the code, but that’s what *seems* to be happening. What gets me though, is if that is so, if tmdb3.py really *is* behaving that way, is how it could’ve worked for anyone, ever!

Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail