[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime tuner priority

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Wed Apr 9 00:34:43 UTC 2014

Since my cable is in the process of switching to all encrypted, I bought
a HdHomeRun Prime and a cableCard. That is the best device ever. Thanks
to the help of the list I got everything switched over to the Prime only
and it seems to be working perfectly.

I have a slingbox, that is pretty much useless without another freaking
cablebox. However, I connected a Raspberry Pi to it via the composite
video. Using XBMC, it can use uPNP and it streams everything non DRM
from the Prime beautifully. It solves the slingbox issue.

However, what would happen with Myth if it is scheduled to record
something, from say tuner 0, but that's already in use by the Pi? I'm
assuming that Mythtv thinks it is the only thing using the tuners, so
will it by default try an already in use tuner 0?

Is there anyway around this?
--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://oddprocess.org

Gentoo Linux i686 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5520 @ 2.27GHz
20:28:25 up 54 days, 11:16, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.05