[mythtv-users] one specific recording failing

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Apr 8 16:39:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014 09:16:03 -0400, you wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Vincent McIntyre
><vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Other shows from the same channel continue to be recorded just fine.
>> The machine has two tuners with two virtual tuners for a total of
>> four
>
>You're using an HD Homerun dual?
>
>Have you tried watching this program live?  It's possible that this
>channel is changing its encryption state for the duration of the
>program.  If it's unencrypted most of the time, but encrypted during
>this program, that would match the symptoms that you describe.
>
>Eric

What the log says is that the recording never starts.  Mythbackend
tells the tuner to start sending it data to record, but that data
never starts arriving.

It might give a bit more information if you try a manual recording
starting say 10 minutes before and ending 10 minutes after ABC News.
And I would suggest telling mythbackend to log a bit more.  I would
recommend changing the logging settings to:

  -v record --loglevel debug

You can do that by editing the mythbackend command line in
/etc/init/mythbackend.conf (for Mythbuntu), or you can use mythutil to
change the settings on the fly before your test recording starts:

  mythutil -v record --loglevel debug