[mythtv-users] Is there a lag in rescheduling after changing programid?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:35:36 UTC 2014

<Schedules Direct hat>

If you're a SD subscriber, you should really open a ticket with us.
Really. Even if it seems minor. There's a dedicated team here at SD
that triages tickets, looks for patterns, and tries to get an ACK out
to you as soon as possible to let you know that we're working on it.

Our job is to hold Tribune's feet to the fire and get the data to be
as accurate as possible. Sometimes that can't be done, because Tribune
has to trust that the broadcaster knows what they're putting out over
the air. If a SD user opens a ticket with us and says that the program
information is incorrect, we go to to Tribune, who goes to the station
to confirm what's happening. In some cases, the broadcaster is a
"zombie"; they really don't know. They may take a national feed and
re-broadcast it. They may have a "tape monkey" that just loads the
next tape and presses "Play".

Sometimes there's a legitimate error on the broadcasters side, and
sometimes it's on Tribune's data entry. Sometimes the broadcaster
doesn't want to talk to Tribune for whatever reason. Sometimes they
don't want to enter into a business relationship with Tribune, and if
Tribune doesn't have a good point of contact at the broadcaster then I
think they'd prefer to have nothing rather than bad data. Sometimes
the cable operator has four lineups: what the subscriber can actually
access on the wire, what they tell the subscriber is available on a
set-top-box (which isn't always the same as what you get with a cable
card), what they have on their website and what they tell Tribune.

It's also the reason that I posted a message earlier in -users and
-dev about the JSON service beta; since it's self-hosted by Schedules
Direct (we still take raw data from Tribune though), it gives us the
chance to augment, and modify on-the-fly if it's obvious that
something is wrong, like a missing HDTV tag. It also has a built-in
equivalent to the --dd-grab-all because of MD5 hashes; the client will
know what it needs to download something if the MD5 for a program on
your Myth box doesn't match the server MD5.

Anyway, if the data is wrong, and you haven't already gotten a
response from me (by opening a ticket at the Schedules Direct website)
that it's something between the provider and Tribune, then open a
ticket.

Thanks.

</Schedules Direct hat>