[mythtv-users] Colors distorted with Haswell NUC + VAAPI

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 21:58:08 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Ted Romer <mythtv at romerfamily.com> wrote:
> I'm using a Haswell i5 NUC (D54250WYK) as a frontend via HDMI. When I use
> the "VAAPI
> Normal" profile with 720p or 1080i content the colors are all wrong --
> bright and very yellow. Playing the same recording via mpv --hwdec=vaapi
> works fine.
> Myth version: fixes/0.27 [v0.27-1-g5b917e8]Video drivers, etc:
> https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2014/2014q1-intel-graphics-stack-releaseOS:
> Lubuntu 13.10
> Any thoughts?

30 second scan of the (badly formatted) logs suggest:

This has been a problem reported against the 1.2.2 libva drivers,
which your log shows you are using (if I followed it correctly).
The drivers from the referenced intel graphics stack are 1.3.0.
Perhaps you are not using the drivers you think you are using?