[mythtv-users] MythTV / Plex plugin

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 21:35:32 UTC 2014

On 04/05/2014 03:45 PM, Philip Isaacs wrote:
> Yeah I just updated that script and I got nothing. I've been doing some
> research and it appears that it needs to connect to port 6544 on my Mythbox
> to use the webservices API, but as far as I can tell the webservices API is
> totally broken on my install. I'm running myth .25
>
> Any idea how to correct this?

Hi,

No, but some troubleshooting ideas:

The Services API is a piece of mythbackend (and mythfrontend too.) Unless you've
started the backend with --noupnp or can't connect to port 6544 (e.g. no route to
it, firewall blocking etc.) it 'just works'.

Try this test: masterBackendAddressOrIP:6544/Myth/GetHostName from a browser.
The response will be: <String>yourHostName</String>.

If you need to look deeper, tail the backend log after starting it with -v upnp
(or typing: mythbackend --setverbose upnp to an already running backend.)

--
Bill