[mythtv-users] Not sure why I'm getting a conflict with show on multiplex

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 18:10:38 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's an HDHomerun 2 tuner model so it shows two real and two virtual tuners,
>> 4 in total. (I think that's the proper way to say it.)

> As I see it 9.1 uses a tuner and a virtual tuner during 6 and 7 pm
> (the virtual tuner could record a show on 9.? only)
> so because the first Green Acres ends a minute late only one of the
> 6:30 record start programs can be recorded.

I would agree that the OP logically needs three tuners on channel
"2" at 18:30 (three simultaneous recordings), and only two are
available since the other physical tuner is recording on channel
"9".

In this *particular* case, it would seem one could add more than
two virtual tuners to each HDHR definition in mythtv-setup.

Or, purchase some additional HDHR3-USs for more flexibility
with additional physical tuners (the (base) HDHRs were
going cheap in the usual "new to you" marketplaces, with
the encryption of basic on many cable providers resulting
in a number of devices no longer having value to the owner;
I seem to recall seeing some selling for around $20 last
year (when a lot of franchises were encrypting basic)).

btw, longer term, I seem to recall that there is some work
being done to (try to) better support overlapping recordings
from the same tuner, but AFAIK, that is still a work
in progress, and I do not even recall if it would help in
this particular case.