[mythtv-users] Is there a lag in rescheduling after changing programid?

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 5 02:38:16 UTC 2014

> On 5 Apr 2014, at 9:49 am, "Ian Evans" <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> CTV2 in Canada is sometimes not sending full episode info to Tribune, so I've been getting generic episode listings.
>
> I updated the subtitle. description and changed programid for one of the episodes to its correct EP006356110003. Two weeks from now, the same episode is airing (this time with full info) and has EP006356110003 as the programid from Schedules Direct.
>
> It's still showing as going to record. Is there much of a lag between changing the info and rescheduling?
>
> Thanks!

Where did you change it, recorded table or oldrecorded table? And how did you change it (I assume direct database manipulation)? And how did you know what the correct programid was going to be (just curious, I would love to know where programid's come from and if there is consistency between broadcasters / countries)?

There should not be any lag other than you would need to trigger a reschedule by either adding a new schedule recording or by calling mythutil --resched. If you don't trigger a reschedule somehow I assume the change would never get noticed.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythutil