[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Fri Apr 4 15:54:37 UTC 2014

Am 04.04.2014, 01:11 Uhr, schrieb Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:

> By your logic everything should be the size of the Term and Conditions
> written on advertising material, because after all, if you try to, you
> can read it...
Then you misunderstood me. I tried to compare a recording's description to
the recording list which both are equally leveled to me, because you spend
long time with reading/finding recordings by their name and with reading
recording descriptions.
Terms of Conditions would compare to the free space report e. g.

> Just like you have headlines, your brain doesn't process all the
> information presented to you in the same fashion (unless you a very
> special individual with photographic memory)
Yes exactly, now every recording looks like a headline which make it
really hard
to process it as item information .. but I will stop arguing on that..

Am 04.04.2014, 11:43 Uhr, schrieb Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>:

> “It must be considered that there is nothing more difficult to carry
> out, [..]
Thank you for this snippet Mark! This is a good description of an
omnipresent issue.
Though I have to hint that this is no reason of being forced to accept
everything, just because it's new. :)

> Thomas, I have the occasional aspiration to create / make available my
> own personal theme for others but it is based nearly entirely on your
> Mythbuntu theme (although I think from about 0.25/fixes) - can I have
> permission to copy your latest Mythbuntu theme version as a new starting
> point and rework to my own set of preferences?
Interested in this (and in Thomas' answer)

Am 04.04.2014, 05:45 Uhr, schrieb Michael Watson
<michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au>:

> Awesome, can the 0.27 theme be rename to Mythbuntu-Classic and left in
> the repository.
:D :D same name I titled it:
http://www.site7even.de/temp/mythbuntu-classic.png

Am 04.04.2014, 04:49 Uhr, schrieb Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com>:

>> Those are only proposals to solve the generally size disagreements - not
>> proposals for my personal solution. As for me there are other details
>> which
>> I don't like in version 28. So my solution is to stick to version 27.1.
>>

> Other details?
Yes, I mentioned them earlier: background pattern and status dots instead
of offending color battle and too few space between list lines (for german
Umlauts they even overlap! see last screen)
http://www.site7even.de/temp/mythbuntu-theme_v25.30_vs_v28.5_mainscreen.jpg
http://www.site7even.de/temp/mythbuntu-theme_v25.30_vs_v28.5_planned-recordings.jpg
http://www.site7even.de/temp/mythbuntu-theme_v28.7_not-enough-space-between-lines.jpg