[mythtv-users] MythTV Mac Announcement

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 14:37:50 UTC 2014

Hi Jean-Yves,

I’m not quite sure where to put this, but it’s related so I’ll keep it in thread.

On 2 April 2014 at 22:13:25, Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard at gmail.com) wrote:
> The way the text is deleted when you start typing is also how the Qt
> widget works. Because the text is actually fully highlighted first. So
> it does the same as if you had double clicked on a word to select it
> and type say 'a'. The whole word would be replaced with a.
> If you want to modify the text and not replace it you need to move the
> cursor first to remove the text selection.
> The problem is that the Qt widget doesn't show this properly.
>
> It's the same behaviour as in linux and windows, and the way it's been
> behaving for years (and I always found it annoying but not much I can
> do)

I’ve compiled a frontend with your latest changes—thank you—and I notice that in the commit[1] you wrote:

“A downside, is that the selection color appears to be misused in most themes including the default. So you can't tell if a text is selected or simply having focus”

I don’t think it’s themer error. In qtlook.txt, ActiveHighlight defines both the background colour for a highlighted text box *and* the background colour for selected text. I’m writing my own theme, and can confirm that ActiveHighlight is the only place that the particular colour value I’m using (or anything even remotely close to it) appears in my qtlook.txt[2].

Several values don’t appear to be used for *anything*.

Is it just me, or is Qt—at least as a UI widget library—really, *really* frustrating?

Thanks,
Sam

[1] https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/829a0986edc2ab695273ec5c8038842c243f36f3
[2] https://gist.github.com/anonymous/9975941

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail