[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Fri Apr 4 02:49:35 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Nicolas Krzywinski <myth at site7even.de> wrote:
> Am 03.04.2014, 21:19 Uhr, schrieb Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com>:
>

>> I really do want pictures of this "oversized font" issue. (actual
>> pictures, not screenshots)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thomas Mashos
>
> Aehm Thomas, it is not the pure size that we rate of being to big. It is
> rather the size relations that aren't homogenous.
> Look at this screen:
> http://www.site7even.de/temp/mythbuntu-theme_v28.7_huge-font-size-differences.png

As JYA pointed out, that is by design. Some text areas are used far
more than others, and so they have bigger areas.

> I assume that everyone can read the description text, otherwise there would
> be no sense to display it. So if everyone can read text with size of this
> description text, why increase the title lines above to nearly 200%?

Unless my calculations are incorrect, it's nowhere near 200% larger.
The font size increased from font size 22 to font size 30. Is 8 font
points 200% larger?

> My TV is 40" and for me this text seems too big.
> But additionally I use MythTV Frontend on my desktop computer in a small
> window on my second monitor. And there again this text seems too big.
> It is not a pure size thing.

I know it's not a monitor size thing. I develop this theme on my 22"
monitor and use it on my 55" TV.

> Lets turn it the other way round: show me a photo of where version 27.1 text
> sizes are too small!
> And if they are to small for some rare cases - CRT e. g.?? - then lets make
> a fork for those special screens.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. We've both clearly agreed
that the size of the screen is not the issue. And you have already
stated that size preference is in the eye of the beholder. People told
me they thought the font in 27.1 was too small, I agreed and changed
it. Now I'm still looking at tweaking things to get everything to fit
right, but the font size isn't going back to the 27.1 size.

> Those are only proposals to solve the generally size disagreements - not
> proposals for my personal solution. As for me there are other details which
> I don't like in version 28. So my solution is to stick to version 27.1.

Other details?

> Thanks for all your work!
> Nicolas Krzywinski

Thanks,