[mythtv-users] Updated mythbuntu theme version 28

Ken Truesdale kentruesdale at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:28:08 UTC 2014

[resending with fixed subject, sorry]

On Apr 3, 2014, at 5:20 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

> Is it antialiasing?
>
> http://international.download.nvidia.com/webassets/en_US/shared/images/embed/aa-af-guide/embed-aa.jpg
>
> I'm not sure what this means. I could guess, but IDK.

There may be some anti-aliasing but no, that's not the fuzz I was talking about.  It's much bigger than that.  And the extra dark areas - splotches, if you will - are nowhere near any text.  I didn't know the best place to include a picture, so I created a forum post that includes two pictures:

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=462#p462

You can see the text shadow fuzz, the blotches, and the vertical banding there.

(If there's a place I should upload pictures for this mailing list, please let me know.  I figured including the images in this reply was probably bad etiquette.  But I could direct e-mail the images to anyone who wants me to send them.)

> That picture you previously referenced was an older version. I posted
> it in response to someone else since the part they were asking about
> hasn't changed. I've just pushed a new preview image, so take a look
> at that one.
>
> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu/blob/master/preview.png

Ah, well, now the text in the screenshot is the same size as my menu.  (I have "Car Chase..." recorded too and the width of that title is the same on mine as in your screenshot.)

But I have to say, it is just way too big.  It looks like it makes sense in your screenshot preview but when you blow that screenshot up on a 60"+ TV, you can read the menu text from my neighbor's house.  Also, the exit dialog popup fills the whole height of the screen now - which I assume is connected to the font size change.  If I'm alone in thinking it is too big now, then hopefully there's a way for me to individually tweak the font size in the theme.

> You could, but if there are issues I'd rather try to fix them.

I appreciate you being interested in fixing the theme.  And I'll certainly support that!  But for now, so I don't risk damaging the WAF, it'd be good to get things back the way it was - if only temporarily.  Also, it would be useful so that I could test any changes you might make and know that I can put things back to working after testing, if the test didn't work out.  So if you could let me know the best way to return to 27.1, I'd appreciate it.

Ken.