[mythtv-users] hdpvr won't record through myth

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 02:03:49 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Dave Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Have 2 SBEs, each with a hdpvr attached.  One works, the other doesn't.
> > Trying to figure out what's wrong with the 2nd.  I can do a cat
> /dev/video0
> >> it.mpg and it works fine.  But the SBE recordings fail with poll timeout
> > (full logs below).  After myth tries to use the device, cat fails until I
> > rmmod/modprobe the driver again to get cat to work.
>
> I think we can all agree that if cat fails, it is external to MythTV.

Actually cat /dev/video0 works and records the content.  But after I stop
cat and let myth try, the device no longer responds until I rmmod/modprobe
the driver.  I don't think myth is at fault, but it is odd that cat works
and myth doesn't.

Anyway, lots of other good suggestions here.  I'm going to swap power
supplies and hdpvrs once I get a break in recordings on the working unit.
Have a pci usb card on order as well

Thanks
Dave