[mythtv-users] Moving MythTV backend to another computer

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 12:51:44 UTC 2014

On 2 April 2014 at 11:44:11, Michael T. Dean (mtdean at thirdcontact.com) wrote:
> mythmediaserver is for systems that have content (Videos, etc.) to serve
> but no tuners.
>
> And, FWIW, mythjobqueue is for systems that run jobs but have no tuners.

How would one go about setting up a MythTV system that way?

What about scheduling recordings, editing rules, etc.?

> Eventually (if I get my way), we'll have separate mythrecorder and
> mythmaster applications, too.

Splitting it all out seems like a good idea. The monolithic backend concept never seemed all that… UNIXy to me. Even now, some things that were part of mythbackend when I last used it are now separate processes, such as mythpreviewgen, so clearly that’s the way MythTV is going. :)

Sam

> Mike

Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE
Acer Aspire L310, SBE: Debian testing, Elgato EyeTV for DTT Stick (Hauppauge Nova-T USB Stick in disguise!) & DVBSky S960 DVB-S2 USB

Sent with Airmail