[mythtv-users] How to enable frontend and backend logs for Arch?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 02:49:11 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 08:46 PM, david brooke wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 04/01/2014 06:19 PM, david brooke wrote:
>>> I'm testing on the frontend only for now. Any ideas?
>>
>> With the frontend running, from a terminal type: ps ax|grep
>> mythfrontend|grep -v grep
>> and put the (one line) output here. The question is what logging options
>> you're using
>> (--syslog, --logpath etc.)
>>
>> The answer may have been in a previous message, but when I go to
>> forum.manjaro.org
>> firefox says it 'uses an invalid security certificate'. So, I didn't go
>> there.
>>

> $ ps ax|grep mythfrontend|grep -v grep
>   2290 ?        Sl     6:15 mythfrontend

You've not asked for any logging other that the default that prints to
the console. Use mythfrontend --help to see your options, or see this
Wiki for more detail: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logging

Here are 2 examples:

     mythfrontend --quiet --logpath /var/log/mythtv
     mythfrontend --quiet --syslog local7

I prefer the 1st, but that will generate an individual log every time you
start the frontend. --quiet shuts off console logging which isn't necessary
if you're logging elsewhere. You don't have to use it.

An Arch user will have to chime in if mythfrontend is a wrapper script that
executes something else. In which case, that script could set the logging
for you.

--
Bill