[mythtv-users] Controlling STB with Lirc

Erik Hjertén erik at hjerten.com
Mon Sep 30 15:00:42 UTC 2013

aaron skrev 2013-09-30 15:56:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org
> <mailto:eric at lisaneric.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com
>     <mailto:memoryguy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > There is an Ethernet port on the back, which the Myth box is
>     plugged into,
>     > to get internet access
>
>     So it's a combined STB/Modem?
>

> Sorta :)
>
> Fibe is an IPTV service, so the TV comes over the interwebs. I was
> actually shocked to discover that Ethernet port works to just connect
> up a computer, but oh well... :)
>
> There is ALSO a modem provided; it's downstairs in the basement. It
> seems to bring the signal in on the phone line, and then distributes
> (at least the TV packets) through coax. It's kind of a weird setup :)
>

>     > The model is ... er, VIP-2262 I think..... I'll have to confirm
>     that later,
>
>     Looks like you aren't the first to have trouble with this one:
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2013-January/346190.html
>
>     Have you tried either of the other Motorola VIP series remote codes
>     from the LIRC site?
>
>     http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/
>

> Hm, I know I searched the list (and elsewhere) before initially
> posting. I don't recall seeing that message :(
>
> I  don't think I did try those, because I had trouble finding them
> previously... I'll give them a try hopefully tonight...
>
> aaron
I found this:
http://support.iruleathome.com/customer/portal/questions/782459-motorola-vip-2262-unable-to-control

Maybe it will give a clue. Last post seems interesting:
"...Try reducing your Separation value to about half of default when you
are learning commands..."

Maybe thats possible to do also with lirc.