[mythtv-users] sendProfile.py crashes nearly every boot (0.27)

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sun Sep 29 18:11:30 UTC 2013

Nearly every boot of my computer sendProfile.py crashes and wants to send an error report. (A curse on the bug reporting tool
that does not let one copy & paste text from it!)
Title: "sendProfile.py crashed with MythBEError in__init__(): Failed to connect to backend at (my IP address censored):6543".

Perhaps sendProfile.py is somehow getting run before the backend starts?

In any case, is there a work around for this?