[mythtv-users] upgrade and now mythweb is broke

Zig jzigpublic at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 12:59:46 UTC 2013

On 9/28/2013 7:46 AM, Larry Roberts wrote:
> Just performed and upgrade via yum to the
> mythtv-backend-0.26.1-296.el6.x86_64 version (and other components)
> and my suddenly mostly stable system is jacked.
>
> I realize I should have left well enough along but I had a small issue
> I wanted to address and now I'm fighting a big one.
>
> The short version is that after the upgrade, when I go into mythweb I
> show nothing on the upcoming recordings, however if I go to status I
> see some recording being scheduled.
> If I go to the recorded section I see all my recordings, but with no
> thumbnails and in the /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend log I get:
>
> ( this is a single entry but I get a ton of these)
> 2013-09-27 23:35:51.548674 E [4297/4373] HttpServer114
> services/content.cpp:457 (GetPreviewImage) - GetPreviewImage: No
> recording for '6_2012-01-06T04:00:00'
>

> attempts to play/download the file gives me an error about unknown
> recording requested while in the past it worked fine.
>
> I'm at an absolute loss as to how to begin even troubleshooting this
> so could use a little guidance.  I highly doubt its a broken version
> given I'm not pulling bleeding, but I dont even know where to begin
> looking as to why its not working.
>
> Thoughts/things to look at
Just shooting in the dark here, but maybe it's related to the switch to
UTC in the database for 0.26.
See some info here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MySQL_Time_Zone_Tables
Some distributions fix this automatically during an upgrade (Mythbuntu
does), and for some you have to fix it yourself before upgrading.