[mythtv-users] No backend logs in myth web - related to no mythlogserver?

Paul Wootton pwootton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 03:28:45 UTC 2013

My mythweb backend logs page is displaying the following error message(s)

Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/backend_log/tmpl/default/backend_log.php, line 26:
!!NoTrans: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given!!

Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/backend_log/tmpl/default/backend_log.php, line 26:
!!NoTrans: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()!!

I have in the last 24 hours done an apt-get update/upgrade and an apt-get dist-upgrade; so I'm now running:

paulw at boswell: mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v0.27-11-ga179aae
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20130902-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_sdl using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2

under:
paulw at boswell:~$ uname -a
Linux boswell 3.5.0-41-generic #64~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 12 16:50:04 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have observed that there is no mythlogserver process running - this is because there is no longer a mythlogserver executable on any of my systems (1 master b/e, 2 slave b/e's and 2 f/e's).   I'm guessing therefore that there is a problem in the last upgrade?   Can anyone confirm that there should be a mythlogserver active; and that it's absence is causing the mythweb error?

Low priority I suspect, since everything else looks OK, and log files are being written to /var/log/mythtv/myth....

Thanks
-- Paul --