[mythtv-users] Changes to tmdb? Video details lookup failing.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 23:01:28 UTC 2013

On 28 September 2013 08:54, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> I agree. I think we need to strive for a system where if the file is
> named according to the standard we've set, that it can find the
> correct title and retrieve the correct metadata without user input
> 100% of the time.

not trying to reinvent the wheel, i would simply look at what xbmc is
doing. After scanning my video library, about 1/3 were unresolved with
myth. and that's with very explicit filename for movie (e.g
title.extension, sometimes the year if there's a conflict: like total
recall) or tv series always as title.SXXEYY.ext

either it didn't find it or there were conflicts...

on the other end, xbmc with the same lib had like 2 or 3 not-found metadata only