[mythtv-users] Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Sep 26 20:53:20 UTC 2013

On 9/26/2013 4:14 PM, Stephen P. Villano wrote:
> On 9/26/13 3:24 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>> A bit further OT, any recommendations on a good RAID card for my next
>>> build?
>> My last upgrade was an LSI 9201-16i and ZFS.  So far, so good... On
>> that note, I've got an old ARC-1230 lying around if you're interested.
> When I get the spare bucks, I'll keep you in mind. With that and the
> drives I have on hand, as well as a server case with hot plug drive
> slots, it'd be all that I need (save another mobo) to toss another four
> terabytes onto the network here.

The bigger "takeaway" from that was that I was suggesting, as Eric
Sharkey did, to just find a nice disk controller and do software RAID,
not buy my used 7yr old RAID card.  After all, hardware RAID is
ultimately nothing more than software RAID running on a little embedded
computer built into a PCIe card.