[mythtv-users] Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 19:01:19 UTC 2013

On 9/26/13 2:53 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 9/26/2013 12:52 PM, Stephen P. Villano wrote:
>> I got snookered a few years back into purchasing a fakeraid
>> card (was sold as a real RAID, but it's software RAID).
>
> There's a quick and infallible way to check.  If the card comes with a
> big chunk of soldered memory, or better yet a DIMM slot, it's real RAID.

True, but I was getting it by mail, as there were no RAID cards I could
find in the computer souq where I was at the time in the Middle East. :/
We'll suffice it to say, I didn't purchase another thing from that
vendor again.

A bit further OT, any recommendations on a good RAID card for my next build?
Other than that mess of a RAID card purchase (actually, two cards at the
time), the last RAID machine I built used an old AAA-133U2 (still have
the card around here somewhere).
Though, for my next build project, I might just go with a small SAN and
lighter drive array in the servers.