[mythtv-users] after upgrade to v0.27, mythfilldatabase is not running on schedule anymore

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 17:13:51 UTC 2013

On 09/24/2013 07:49 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> In v0.26, mythfilldatabase was setup to run on the schedule that
> schedulesdirect indicated. This was setup in mythtv-setup and was carried
> over to v0.27.  I verified the settings after upgrade.
>
> Now when I look at the mythfilldatabase log, I only see successful runs
> from when I manually run mythfilldatabase.  I am not seeing any log
> messages in the mythbackend log indicating mythfilldatabase has failed, or
> even ran for that matter.
>
> Where can I look to see why this is failing or not scheduling to run?
>
> Backend is mythbuntu 12.04 LTS.

Hey Dan;

Check for the following in your backend's log:

     Registering HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
     Queueing HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
     Running HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
     HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB' Finished Successfully.

I *believe* mythfilldatabase is only being called with
it's configured path and arguments (e.g. --dd-grab-all)
as set in mythtv-setup. It doesn't appear to inherit
the logging options from the backend.

I don't see any mythfilldatabase.* logfiles either. But,
I do have proper schedules.

You could just add --syslog (or whatever you prefer) to
your existing options for mfdb.

--
Bill