[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.27, now metadata is being downloaded

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Sep 24 03:47:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:02:00 +1200, you wrote:

>>> regardless, it's a bug..
>>>
>>> if metadata has been set to not be downloaded, it shouldn't be downloaded...
>>>
>>> someone should open a bug for it... I'll look into it later
>>
>>Another temporary workaround is to delete the contents and then remove
>>all the write permissions on /var/lib/mythtv/fanart.
>>You also need to delete the cached fanart (Just the fanart, not
>>everything!) from
>>/home/youruser/.mythtv/themecache/blue-abstract-wide.1024.768. (or what
>>ever theme you are using)
>
>Thanks, that sounds like it will work better than my fix of replacing
>/usr/bin/mythmetadatalookup - it will survive the installation of
>updated versions.

No, this fix did not work at all for me.  I did chmod a-rwsx and chown
root:root on the /var/lib/mythtv/fanart directory, and then installed
today's 0.27-fixes updates.  But something seems to have changed the
ownership and permissions back again - may apt did it when it
installed the updates.  In any case, mythmetadatalookup was again
downloading and installing artwork.  So maybe your fix will only work
on systems where the packages do not set up the /var/lib/mythtv/fanart
directory.