[mythtv-users] drivers for Ceton InfiniTV USB tuner

Greg Tippitt gtippitt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 20:54:54 UTC 2013

Are the USB Linux drivers from the Ceton website required if I am
using the MythTV 26 from the testing PPA and have the Ceton Driver
from that PPA installed?

I recently got a Ceton USB 4 tuner that I'm trying to get working.
 I've had MythTV running with other tuners for OTA with an antenna for
 several months that are working fine.  I just had WOW digital cable
 installed and want to get MythTV working for this, because the CISCO
 DVR is horrible.

 I am running Ubuntu 13.04 Raring with MythTV 26 from the MythBuntu
 Testing PPA.  I can access the Ceton device through the web interface
 without any problem.  When I try to record a program with the tuner,
 all I get is an empty file.  Since the Cetron drivers for their PCI
 device are now included with MythTV, is the USB driver from the Ceton
 website needed?  The USB driver from the Ceton website is not included
 in the PPA.  I've tried to compile it, but I get compiler errors that
 I don't know how to fix.

 Can someone tell me if the USB drivers from Ceton are needed.  If they
 are, does anyone have a copy that will compile clean?

 Thanks,
 Greg