[mythtv-users] NVidia/overscan problem

Zig jzigpublic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 20:20:41 UTC 2013

On 9/23/2013 11:07 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> In other news, the new VGA card in my sis's box is a GeForce 210, which is
> talking HDMI to her TV, a Philips 32pf7321.  Which only has one HDMI
> input.  With no knobs in the setup menus.
>
> SNIP
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
I have GeForce 210 in a Mythbuntu box driving an HDMI TV.  I have the
proprietary Nvidia driver installed version 304.88.
I don't know how to use this in SUSE but this simple xorg.conf file used
in Mythbuntu will force the desired resolution on the HDMI port
(DFP-1).  Relevant portion at the bottom.  Other ATSC resolutions may be
substituted (like 1920x1080)

Note: HorizSync and VertRefresh are commented out.

#*****************************************************************************
# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 304.88
(buildmeister at swio-display-x86-rhel47-06)  Wed Mar 27 15:32:58 PDT 2013

Section "ServerLayout"
     Identifier     "Layout0"
     Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
     InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"