[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.27, now metadata is being downloaded

Zig jzigpublic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 16:15:54 UTC 2013

>> To each their own.  I admit I would never notice a .01% increase
>> in disk utilization on my master BE (and since it represents less
>> than 10 minutes of recording, it would not likely be of any additional
>> concern to me).
> regardless, it's a bug..
>
> if metadata has been set to not be downloaded, it shouldn't be downloaded...
>
> someone should open a bug for it... I'll look into it later

Another temporary workaround is to delete the contents and then remove
all the write permissions on /var/lib/mythtv/fanart.
You also need to delete the cached fanart (Just the fanart, not
everything!) from
/home/youruser/.mythtv/themecache/blue-abstract-wide.1024.768. (or what
ever theme you are using)