[mythtv-users] HDHR won't lock

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Sep 23 15:47:50 UTC 2013

I have a HDHomerun Prime and an old HDHR not prime.

Under Myth (the trunk)  Prime gets a lock on Comcast Clear QAM, the non
prime does not.

My first thought was the Comcast had started encrypting the OTA channels
in my area as they have in others. It turns out thats not the case. The
non-prime HDHR can play these channels using the hdhomerun_config_gui,
and the QAM tuner on my TV (no cable card) can also play them.

Both of the units used to work with Myth, but I can't really be sure
when the not-prime unit started not locking. Over the summer there is
little to record on OTA channels, and the prime gets first crack.

Any ideas about what might be wrong with myth using the non CC HDHR?