[mythtv-users] slightly OT: Can dd not be used on mp4?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 14:02:52 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Try copying the file from that 3-minute sample, or from the original
>> recording, into your Video Gallery directory, then do a rescan from the
>> Video Gallery, and see if the file plays correctly.  If it does, this
>> suggests incorrect markup for the recording.  "mythutil --clearseektable
>> --chanid xxx --starttime yyy" doesn't currently clear this particularly
>> markup, so to continue testing, one would need to directly execute a DB
>> query to clear the extra markup.
>>

> I copied it over to Mythvideo and was able to seek/fast forward.
>
> OK, sounds like extra markup is getting in your way then.  If you're
comfortable with using raw mysql commands, try this:

  select * from recordedmarkup where chanid=xxx and starttime=yyy and
type>=33;

I'm interested in what shows up in the "data" column.  I'm guessing there
are some zeros or otherwise small numbers.  (type=33 gives the length in
milliseconds, type=34 gives the total frame count)

Finally, if you're extra comfortable with raw mysql commands:

  delete from recordedmarkup where chanid=xxx and starttime=yyy and
type>=33;

Unfortunately, there's no way that I know of to do the latter with standard
MythTV commands.  I'm pondering whether "mythutil --clearseektable" should
be doing that as well.

Jim