[mythtv-users] SECOND card in addition to the Hauppauge HVR-2250?

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Mon Sep 23 02:02:28 UTC 2013

On Sep 22, 2013, at 8:05 PM, Bob wrote:

> On 09/12/2013 10:54 AM, Leif Pihl wrote:
>> Does anyone out there use a SECOND card in addition to the dual channel Hauppauge HVR-2250?
>> I seem to finally have the 2250 running, this in addition to the HVR-1800 that I got going first.
>>
>> I have the 1800 (single channel) hooked up to the Antenna in the attic,
>> and the 2250 (dual channel) is connected to the CATV input.
>>
>> Beyond that, are there any words of advice regarding how to configure MythTV for my situation?
>> Note that I HAVE signed up to schedulesdirect.org for the $6 (2 month?) trial period.
>>
> I have a an HVR-1250 I use for OTA and an HVR-2250 I use for CATV (QAM-256). I'm not sure what your question is so I will make some statements that I hope will guide you.
>
> I have 2 line-ups in schedulesdirect.org, one for OTA and one for CATV. I associate each of those with the appropriate tuners. I don't believe there were any other tricks or complications.

I _JUST_ upgraded from 0.25 to 0.27, so MAYBE part of my previous issues COULD have been fixed.
Having said that, I am leery that the TV Schedule portion is not working.
I did sign up for the $6-ish trial period, yet the programming data seems to only be good for a day or three out into the future.  Certainly not far enough out for what I would consider acceptable for ANY cost of a subscription.

And yes, I suspect that I have yet to figure out how to assign the _Schedule_Data_ for the CATV signal to the 2250 and _Schedule_Data_ for the Antenna signal to the 1800.
This may be an outstanding issue that I've not fixed as of yet.