[mythtv-users] MythTV backend on headless Mac Mini (Lion) Server

Ryan Warner ryan.warner.mn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 02:19:36 UTC 2013

Yeah, I'm also using this server for network accounts, to run Profile Manager for remove device management, and I'm running iTunes with Home Sharing to serve media to all our iDevices.

Does the macports version work more reliably than the .dmg?

What about running linux in a virtual machine?  I would think it should talk to my HDHomerun just fine.  But I was also hoping to connect it to my Motorola cable box via firewire and capture some content that way.  I have less hope of getting that to work from a VM.