[mythtv-users] Zotac Ion 1 Won't Shut Down

Mark Pennock markitman2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 19:03:51 UTC 2013

I have a problem with one of my frontends where it won't exit and shut down
from the mythtv menu. It doesn't matter which theme I choose.

The interesting thing is that I just upgraded my system from mythbuntu
10.10 on 0.24 to 12.04 with 0.26 and it has the exact same problem as
before the upgrade. Now I have 3 ion frontends and did the same upgrade to
all of them and the other two have no problem before and after the upgrade
so it tracks the particular front end.

I used to be able to deal with this as in the old setup when I press the
power button it would shut down but after the upgrade this no longer works.
I have to hold the power button until a hard shut down occurs, which
obviously is not a good way to shut down a computer.

So, I either need to figure out how to fix this or setup some sort of
keyboard command that will shut down the front end. Anyone else see
anything like this? Thanks.