[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 01:53:26 UTC 2013

On 21 September 2013 03:22, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> reverse.  You could always move to FreeBSD for an
> arguably better security environment for your gateway.
> Try FreeBSD, you will like it (and the MythTV BE can
> run on it, with some obvious limitations).

slightly OT... But IMHO, FreeBSD sucks for home router: it's an
absolute pain to use with appliances like SIP phone, video
conferencing etc...
linux integrated nat helper makes it *much* easier...

Even today, FreeBSD has no equivalent.

Some would argue that getting those services to work is a security
issue, but at home I much prefer ease of use and things that work,
than being safe and stuck by myself.