[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 20:39:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, yuck... First problem: Broken upgrade path.
>
> Because there are files not part of the package in /usr/share/mythweb/data,
> it does not remove the directory upon upgrade, which means the symlink to
> /usr/lib/mythweb/data fails (actually gets some random number appended it).
>
> This means I'm going to have to handle both the symlinking and data
> migration in %post, fun.

It has been some time since I wrote complex spec files, but
you might be able to do some of the work in the %pre section,
testing $1 to see if you are upgrading (move the cached
files elsewhere), and then in %post move them to the new
locations.  Making it all work right is not at all fun (as I recall).
I suspect that you are not the first package to have this
problem, so there should be a documented method to deal
with this somewhere in the Fedora docs.  Good luck!

Gary