[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

lists.md301 lists.md301 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 15:58:25 UTC 2013

Anyone have any idea when an official portage Gentoo ebuild will appear?

Is it valid to copy an existing 0.26 ebuild, and modify it for the proper
proper branch/hash to get 0.27-fixes?  Of course that also requires manual
edits (after checking) for any new dependencies/revisions.

(I bit the bullet yesterday, after examining the modifications necessary to
make tmdb3 work with my 0.24-fixes master backend system, and cloned my
root partition and slogged through my (very stale) portage refresh in a
chroot.  Painful, but not as bad as I thought.  Most annoying part was
circular dependencies resulting from changes in QT package ebuilds, from
x11-libs to dev-qt, to make sure I had 4.8.)