[mythtv-users] tmdb grabber switch to v3

lists.md301 lists.md301 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 15:04:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> The tmdb3.py grabber consists of an external library that has been pulled
> into the MythTV Python bindings, and a brief wrapper script to translate
> the objects returned by the library into XML usable by the grabber
> interface.  The library can be installed independently, found on my Github
> page, but the script will need to be altered, to fit the new location of
> the library, and to suit changes in the grabber interface between 0.24 and
> 0.26.

Thanks, I found it on your github page, and it looks just like what I saw
in the mythtv repository.  Knowing it's possible, I'm sure I'll figure out
the details of installing the library (but that's unclear to me as I write
this).

Unrelated to installation particulars, I noticed that v3 requires a
personal key, and that the default install has a "testing" one.  Has that
been explained anywhere in the MythTV world?  I don't remember seeing it (I
also searched the wiki), but I can see lots of people being unaware and
using that provided key.  Should we be editing 'pytmdb3.py' to update it ,
or is there another "mythtv" way.  It's my ignorance, but I don't
understand from the README if there's a proper command line way.