[mythtv-users] Can't rebuild seektable on some mp4

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 06:59:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> On 19/09/2013, at 12:40 PM, "Ian Evans" <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 19/09/2013, at 3:47 AM, "Ian Evans" <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [Mark] I always just assumed that was Mythcommflag's way of handling EOF
>> being reached (which may be more or less just run off the end to where no
>> more file data is provided hence the decoding error?). I get same decoding
>> error message with commflag detection but the skip points are still
>> inserted. I don't think it is anything to worry about. Should be able to
>> test if seek table is present by skipping forward in the file during
>> playback?
>>

> The only problem is the seektable isn't being repaired. Even after running
> this the End of Recording GUI pops up a couple of seconds into the show.

> [Mark] maybe try mythtranscode (
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable) to repair and see if
> that changes the behaviour. Also just to clarify - along with the End of
> Recording GUI popup is seek behaviour disabled or can you still seek
> despite the popup.

 No chance to seek as Myth thinks it only one second long.

However, I just updated to .27 and it's able to play the file past the one
second mark. However, the file could not be fast-forwarded or skipped. Ran
`mythcommflag --file 1019_20130918060000.mp4 --rebuild` under .27. Still
does not work:

Rebuild started at Thu Sep 19 02:51:04 2013
No I-frames found, rewinding...
Rebuild completed at Thu Sep 19 02:51:20 2013
2013-09-19 02:51:20.165736 E  decoding error
eno: Unknown error 541478725 (541478725)

can now play it (unlike .26) however I cannot seek or fast-forward.