[mythtv-users] Live TV Guide Stutter

Daniel Foster daniel at df.me.uk
Tue Sep 17 14:08:19 UTC 2013

> Agreed.  Caching the free recorders list assumes that no new recordings
> will start, nor new Live TV sessions (on other frontends), nor channel
> changes in Live TV (on other frontends).  The caching patch mostly removes
> the benefit of the feature, except for the simplest of setups.  And, after
> years of supporting multi-frontend/-backend setups (one of the main
> benefits of MythTV over other DVR solutions), we really should continue to
> consider, and fully support, them.

I'm running a three frontend setup, so the situation makes a lot of sense.
 Sadly not quite a quick a fix, but hopefully one that can be done.  Sadly
while happy to have hacked on just guidegrid.cpp to fix what I wrongly
thought was the problem, I think coding up new threads and using QEvent is
a bit beyond me.

Daniel.