[mythtv-users] high cpu (100%) in mythfrontend when idle

Khanh Tran khanh at khanh.net
Sat Sep 14 20:05:58 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> Khanh Tran wrote:
> > I'm running several different frontends on Ubuntu 12.04 and they all
> > seem to have the same issue with 0.26-fixes now.  When idle (just on
> > the menu, doesn't matter what theme), the CPU spikes to 100% and
> > mythfrontend -v most logs the following endlessly.  Any ideas?
> >
> > 2013-09-14 09:37:44.204282 I [1889/2154] TaskQueue
> > referencecounter.cpp:145 (DecrRef) - (0xffffffffb0213ba8)::DecrRef() -> 1
>
> Google references this on that error:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2013-February/346901.html
>
> Doug
>
> --
> Ben Franklin quote:
>
> "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary
> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I found that post, and all of my locale settings are en_US.UTF-8.
I've tried reinstalling my graphics drivers as suggested here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/80914/how-reinstall-the-default-graphics-drivers
I've tried removing ~/.ICEauthority
I've tried export QT_NO_GLIB=1
I've tried installing ttf-mscorefonts-installer

Still, after a few minutes of just leaving the screen on the menu, after a
fresh reboot, the CPU spikes to 100% and gives those errors.