[mythtv-users] Remove 0.25 recursively?

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 18:32:56 UTC 2013

Greetings Mythizens, I think I have messed up my BE. Turning on my PC
no longer calls the "check_stb.sh" which normally turns on the stb.
The FE gives a dialog box asking " is the backend running?" and a
"status mythtv-backend" query returns "start/running" (but I don't
think it is) and consequently recordings are missed. I'm wondering if
now would be a good time to back-up my data, download and install 0.27
and then remove recursively 0.25? This notion comes from my limited
knowledge of Myth and I would appreciate confirmation or suggestions.
Thanks in advance, Daryl.