[mythtv-users] Query last tuned channel?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 01:07:10 UTC 2013

I'm running MythTV 0.25.  Is there any way to query (either the database,
API etc) the last channel to which specific tuners were tuned to...that is,
even if the tuner is not currently recording?

At one time I'm fairly sure that the startchan on the cardinput table was
always atuomatically updated with that channel.   It now appears that this
no longer happens.  I sometimes like checking my signal strength from the
command prompt using the femon program and like to be able to figure out
what channel the tuner was left tuned into last.  Is there possibly some
option to make it update the startchan as it used to?

Thanks in advance.
Tom