[mythtv-users] Problems with new setup

Nicholas Fasano nfazz1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 00:39:30 UTC 2013

> I think I may have this figured out. It turns out that my cablecard is showing:
> Card Authentication   success
> Card OOB Lock   success
> Card Activation   none
>
> For some reason, the HDHomerun is able to send the video stream for a
> few seconds before it cuts off. This is what is throwing me off, as I
> assumed if the cablecard wasn't properly activated that it wouldn't
> display anything at all. It does the same thing on the iPad, but after
> a longer period of time, which is why I hadn't noticed it. I am
> working on reactivating the card right now and will post my results in
> the hopes that this may help someone else in the future. I'm very
> surprised that no one has run into this before.
>
> Nick

For future reference, I called Comcast and had the card properly
authenticated. This fixed the issue completely. For some reason where
I lived before, the card activation always showed "none" and yet the
card worked properly, even on encrypted channels, for years. I guess
this may have been something unique to the small market cable provider
at my old house.

Nick