[mythtv-users] No More Free DTAs From Comcast

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 20:09:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Romain Kang <romain at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:
> My guess is that it's probably not worthwhile to move the old HDHR Dual
> to OTA unless I can get an external antenna set up.  Any pointers on
> that?

Depending on where you are in Sunnyvale, this suggests
that even an internal antenna may get you quite a few
stations:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d46aec46b602c7d

As with anything RF related, your reception will vary.

If your HOA/Rental Property agreement allows external
antennas, there are quite a few nice ones that you can
build yourself, but pretty much anything you can purchase
(at, say, Fry's) would likely work for San Bruno/Sutro Tower.

Gary