[mythtv-users] MythWeb Recorded Program Details page takes forever to load (Even worse on 0.27)

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:39:33 UTC 2013

.
>> Now, I wonder what causes the Record Program Update function to be so slow?
>> :-)
>
> I have that issue too... will look into it

Testing after using: mythbackend --setverbose schedule,upnp. Running with
today's mythweb commit, no bogus hostnames in settings. Remaining hosts
defined in /etc/hosts.

Could it be the scheduler sleeping?  http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=927AQ8Z6
(my next scheduled recording is at 9PM.)

I was testing on the: mythweb/settings/tv/channels page. I changed one
channel's "visible" check-box and then pressed the "Save" icon.

The delay between pressing Save and the start of channel icon download is
about 30 seconds. Note the: scheduler.cpp:1874 (run) - sleeping for 104782 ms
line in the pastebin above.

The math doesn't work because the delay isn't 105 seconds (and certainly not
105us,) but that line is where the browser is "Waiting for <hostname>...".

--
Bill