[mythtv-users] Want to test 27. Which distro is packaging 27 RC's?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:46:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well that does create a problem then as it's either qt 4.6 or 5.1 to EPEL...
> Anyone got a suggestion?

First, I should say I have not recently tried to compile MythTV
with Qt5.  It probably does not hurt to see what is still missing.
That said....  Rock, meet hard place.

There are no great choices here.  Personally, I would rather see
efforts being made to finish the port of the missing functionality
for Qt5 to MythTV.  It will help everyone moving forward.  It is
not an interim effort.  It also requires a different set of skills.
Alternatively, one might be able to find those parts of MythTV
that require Qt 4.8 (most of the code will still work fine in
Qt 4.6), and provide tolerance patches for those for EPEL.
Alternatively one can add Qt 4.8 to the build of (and just for)
MythTV (that seems a big effort).  Alternatively, there are
Qt5 compile options to tolerate some obsolete Qt 4.x features.
Perhaps one (or more) of them will allow MythTV to compile
with Qt5.

Gary