[mythtv-users] Want to test 27. Which distro is packaging 27 RC's?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:28:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, a fix is on the way (kinda)...
>
> EL 6 has Qt 4.6 and it appears for 0.27 and 4.8 is the minimum. That being
> said Qt 5.1.1 is in updates-testing for both Fedora and EPEL 6 so I'm
> thinking I'm going to move both the Fedora and EPEL 6 builds to Qt 5 at the
> same time I update to 0.27.

You may need to be careful.  While there have been updates to MythTV
to support compiling in Qt 5 (mostly by DanielK, a few from random
other people), in at least some cases I believe the code will compile,
but its compile without functionality (i.e. you will get a warning of the
form "Waiting for <function> to be ported to Qt5").  So unless there
have been commits I missed, Qt 5 may not be where you want to be.

Gary