[mythtv-users] Want to test 27. Which distro is packaging 27 RC's?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:21:06 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... One thing I've noticed is that apparently EL 6 has a pretty old Qt
> version and 0.27 is complaining about the qmake version. I assume you're
> running a newer Qt version from ELRepo or other?

Current MythTV requires Qt 4.8.  RHEL6 is (currently) Qt4.6.2.

As I recall, RHEL6 has other backlevel packages that cause
some issues with compiling MythTV.  While I appreciate the
stability of RHEL, it can be somewhat more difficult to port
newer software, which presumes newer features/libraries/
functionality, to that platform.