[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.27 - Can't playback any video

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 00:57:29 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The problem should be fixed now. It was not easy to track down as it was
> not affecting everybody.
>
> If you compile from source directly obtained from the git repo please
> update it and recompile.
>
> If you are using a package please wait for the provider of the package to
> provide an updated version but in the mean time you can disable
> "Interactive TV" features.
>

> Thank you!
>
> Nicolas

I wanted to let everyone know that this issue is indeed fixed in the latest
0.27-fixes branch (RC).  It seems like it only impacted the branch for a
day, maybe 2 at most, so this will not impact the final release.  Another
gentleman and I were able to troubleshoot with the devs to nail down a
changeset that caused the issue and it was reverted.  I'm trying to provide
them additional info so that the original changeset that caused the issue
can be fixed without triggering this issue.

Thanks!
Matt